Yesterday, we finally landed in Colombo, Sri Lanka at 4:45 a.m. Once we landed, I remembered that the Cricket World Cup was being held in Colombo! Lots of traffic and people, but also, very clean! We found a shuttle to the Hilton Colombo and took the 45 minute ride into town. Once we arrived and checked in, I immediately crashed on the bed and woke up 6 hours later - around noon. I took the warmest, nicest shower and finished packing my bag for the last time. Jen and I grabbed some food, picked up some nice chocolates and relaxed in our room until around 5 p.m. Our drive back to the airport took over 1 1/2 hours due to traffic from the World Cup.
After a 6 hour flight from Colombo to Dubai, United Arab Emirates (with a brief stopover in the Maldives to pick up all the tanned honeymooning couples), we had a 6 hour layover in Dubai (which felt like nothing after Mumbai the other day). I paid $10 USD for some frozen yogurt at Pinkberry and it was worth every penny! I tried to get a little bit of sleep, but it didn't work. Once we boarded our plane around 9 a.m., I found my seat in the middle of 2 very nice women who were from Asia but living in the Bay Area. Yes - the middle. Then there were 2 families that sat down in front of me and to the right of me with small babies. The one right in front of me had the most blood-curdling scream. Every time that I was about asleep, she would just scream and scream and scream. This would trigger her older brother and he would start screaming as well. I think that I got about 1 or 2 hours of sleep on the 16+ hour flight. I watched a lot of movies - Ramona and Beezus, Waiting for Superman, and a few more.
Oh, how wonderful it is to see this out the window:
After a 6 hour flight from Colombo to Dubai, United Arab Emirates (with a brief stopover in the Maldives to pick up all the tanned honeymooning couples), we had a 6 hour layover in Dubai (which felt like nothing after Mumbai the other day). I paid $10 USD for some frozen yogurt at Pinkberry and it was worth every penny! I tried to get a little bit of sleep, but it didn't work. Once we boarded our plane around 9 a.m., I found my seat in the middle of 2 very nice women who were from Asia but living in the Bay Area. Yes - the middle. Then there were 2 families that sat down in front of me and to the right of me with small babies. The one right in front of me had the most blood-curdling scream. Every time that I was about asleep, she would just scream and scream and scream. This would trigger her older brother and he would start screaming as well. I think that I got about 1 or 2 hours of sleep on the 16+ hour flight. I watched a lot of movies - Ramona and Beezus, Waiting for Superman, and a few more.
Oh, how wonderful it is to see this out the window:
There's no place like home!!!
I have learned so many things on this trip, but I think the best lesson is patience. Patience with others, with "the process", and most especially with myself. I am amazed at the distractions that swarm all around us, trying to pull us in all sorts of directions, and keep us sometimes from what matters most. If we just slow down, stop, and listen for a moment, we can find the right direction, readjust our path, and keep on keepin' on! With patience, we can make a difference - even with small things and in short times.
No comments:
Post a Comment